Monday, January 23, 2006

With love, from Texass



Just this past Friday, I came home from Happy Hour, and found that I had received a package. I thought it was going to be the CDs I had ordered from Amazon, but when I picked it up from the mailroom, it turned out to be much larger and waaayyy heavier than two CDs. Instead, the box had come from Houston, TX, and when I'd cracked it open, it was actually an early birthday gift from my family (who are not living in H-Town); a beautiful, beautiful pecan pie from Goode Company. This arrival was awesome for at *least* two reasons. First of all, I wasn't expecting a birthday gift from the fam; I'd already requested a birthday goat (from the Heifer Foundation), and they had followed through with that. Secondly, I LOVE Goode Company pecan pies. LOVE, love, love these pies. They make the best pecan pie I have ever eaten in my life. Actually, I just love Goode Company, but that deserves a post all on its own. This pecan pie came in its own MADE IN TEXAS wooden box, with the unforgettable Goode Company slogan (incidentally, written by an long lost friend's father). Check out the whole pecans adorning the top of the pie…yummmm…a total Homer Simpson moment. And let me tell you, the gooey, custardy middle is to die for. What a way to start out the weekend. Thanks momma, poppa, and bro!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?