Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hella nerdy

As promised, I want to let all the faithful readers know that I will be out of town for awhile. I'm going to attend a science meeting, the annual fly meeting, to be exact. Borrowing a term from Sparks, I want to confirm all your suspicions: the next few days will be hella nerdy. The best part about this trip is that we are heading down to Houston (H-Town, represent!), the birthplace of Destiny's Child, the hometown of the one-time world's largest movie theater, and the world's fattest city. I am actually excited to see all my old haunts, if I get a chance to separate from the Nerd Herd. I haven't been back in some time so I'm also looking forward to see how it's changed. I also think that my Texan accent would really benefit from a return to it's origins. And, of course, the food! You know, there's a reason why Houston is so fat and I can't wait to revisit it all.

Comments:
Oh yeah, good luck gettin' away from the Nerd Herd - you know how meetings go! Two people from my lab and several from my university will be there too! Small world sometimes. Have a great time - and I can't wait to hear about some of that food.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?